Frizzy hair is a very common and frustrating hair problem. There are several natural elements that affect your hair and frizz it even more; such as the heat, wind, humidity and rain. Here are few tips to help you tame your stubborn hair.
1. The very first tip from all hair experts is “don’t brush your hair after it dries”. Your hair is at its weakest state when it is wet and brushing will damage your hair and may cause it to break. And at the same time, avoid over-combing your hair at all times.
2. Don’t shampoo your hair every time you wash it, shampoo strips away the natural oils of the hair. Moreover, most shampoos have dangerous chemicals that may damage your hair with constant use.
3. Always check the hair products labels; as some of these products contain elements that dry your hair and cause scalp irritation as well. Watch out for things like parapan, perfumes and scents, dyes and abbreviations and codes with numbers and letters.
4. Constant exposure to extreme heat damages your hair (blow drying, flat irons and curlers). Instead of blow drying your hair, let it dry naturally or dry it gently with a towel. Always use a heat-protection product to eliminate the damage. It is best to use a
serum on a comb – not your hand – for best results.
5. Don’t twist your hair after washing, pat dry it instead. The regular towel drying of hair causes it to volume and curl even more. Some experts advice to use paper towels for this issue.
6. Split ends contribute to the fizzy look, visit a hair salon regularly for trimming split ends and keep the healthy look. Also treat the cause if the split ends whether it is dryness, using heating instruments, using dyes and chemical treatments, exposure to the sun, poor nutrition…etc.
7. Always keep your hair moisturized, try to use a leave-in-conditioner all the time. Natural oils are also a good alternative. You can try olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil…etc.
8. Treat your hair to a weekly hot-oil treatment, but always use it below the ear level so you wouldn’t flatten the crown of your head. Just rub your hair and your scalp gently with oil (use natural oils for hair treatment) and cover it with a hot towel for half an hour.