Mice are cute little creatures that seem to be inoffensive and playful. But that is not what you feel when you see them in your home. The presence of a mouse in your home is definitely frustrating because it destroys your food, furniture, clothes, or your books. And most importantly, it is a nocturnal animal that brings with it many infectious diseases via their urine and feces. If you can’t stand seeing mice in your house and you are looking for the best and safest ways to get rid of them, you are in the right place. Here are the best natural options for how to get rid of mice.
1. Peppermint Oil: These small creatures cannot stand the strong smell of the peppermint oil. So they will run away from the place when they will smell peppermint oil. This method will help you to prevent the mouse entering your house as well as making the mouse run away from your home.
– Soak a number of cotton balls in peppermint oil.
– Place the soaked cotton balls at the openings of the house and at the places where the mice usually come.
– This will prevent the mice entering your house as well as make the mice that are inside the house escape.
– Sprinkle a few tablespoons where the mice frequent. The mice will eat the potatoes, but the flakes will extend in their stomachs and kill them before they are fully digested.
– Make sure the flakes are out of reach of any pets you have.
3. Steel Wool: This is another great way to keep mice out of your home. Mice cannot chew through the wire and it actually irritates their teeth.
– Stick the steel wool in any cracks, crevices or holes in your home to keep mice out.
4. Cloves: Mice find the smell of cloves distasteful and overwhelming as the strong essential oil in cloves encourages is irritating to them. You can use whole cloves, or clove essential oil on cotton balls.
– Put 20-30 drops of clove essential oil onto a cotton ball and place strategically around the house.
– Be sure you don’t have any pets wandering around that would gulp it down.
– If you’re using whole cloves, wrap them in an old piece of cotton t-shirt and use in place of the cotton balls.