After a week of daily workouts at the gym and only being so disciplined with your food options, it is easy to justify a sugar stack French toast breakfast reward on the weekend.
French toast is often craved as a treat for breakfast. It is classically made of egg, bread, oil, cream, maple syrup and sugar.
Sounds amazing for sure but the fact that this one breakfast can undermine your hard efforts all though the week is not interesting at all.
While two or three French toasts sound like a filling rewarding breakfast. The high amount of sugar included will leave you crashing short after eating.
Make a Healthier Version Of French Toast.
You can always apply the changes that suit you to almost any recipe. And you can still enjoy your French toast on the weekends if you made some tweaks and changes to reduce the amount of calories.
Just by not adding sugar to the egg mixture and depending on spices like cinnamon or nutmeg as well as using just the minimal amount of maple syrup at the end or even giving it up completely, you will be saving yourself too many calories and keeping your blood sugar levels from spiking then crashing.
Using thin slices of whole grain toast bread will not make the taste any different, yet your body will have more fibers and less carbs which ensures more stable blood sugar levels and your appetite under control.
Here’s a Healthier Recipe For French Toast.
– Beat up two to three egg whites in a bowl or one to two whole eggs.
– coat the pan with coconut oil instead of butter and heat over medium fire.
– Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder you can add other spices to the egg mixture as well like nutmeg, pumpkin spices, essential extracts, vanilla to enhance the flavor.
– Add to the egg mixture 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla flavor almond milk with 1% regular milk.
– Slice your whole grain bread in thin slices that are no more than half an in thick, dunk in the egg mixture and allow to soak for a few minutes before cooking in the heated pan.
– let the bread cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes then remove from hot pan.
– Top with Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey, fresh fruits toppings, peanut butter and finish with a tiny drizzle of maple syrup.