Vicks VapoRub has been around for over 100 years and is one of the most widely used over-the-counter decongestants. It is always used on the chest, back, and throat for treating nasal congestion and coughs. But, do you know that this versatile product can do much more than this? If not, in this article we show you some amazing uses of Vick VapoRub, which will surprise you.
1. Treats Headaches: Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on your temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The basic ingredients in it – camphor, eucalyptus oil, and menthol – all help in treating headaches.
2. Soothes Insect Bites: Whether you suffer from chigger, ant, mosquito or any other insect bites, Vicks VapoRub can provide instant relief from the itchiness and burning sensation.The cooling menthol in Vicks soothes the itching sensation. It also reduces the risk of blisters and infections.
3. Clears Acne: Vicks VapoRub can help clear up an acne problem. It is one of the easiest home remedies for acne.The menthol in it can provide quick relief from pain and swelling. It will also aid in clearing up the acne within a matter of days.
4. Stops Your cat from Scratching: Cats are notorious for scratching every hard surface they get their claws on. To prevent them from ruining your doors, walls, and windows, apply a small amount of VapoRub to these areas. Cats detest the smell and will stay away. Vicks can also be applied to your arms and legs if your cat is prone to scratching you.
5. Reduces Stretch Marks: We tend to spend much money on anti-stretch marks creams and lotions, but you can save your money and try using Vicks VapoRub to get rid of those ugly marks. Its methanol and eucalyptus oil content helps fade stretch marks naturally. The cedar leaf oil, petrolatum, camphor and turpentine oil aid in reducing skin dryness that makes stretch marks stand out.
6. Repels Mosquitoes: To keep mosquitoes away, apply small dabs of Vicks VapoRub to your skin and clothes and mosquitoes will steer clear. If you do get bitten, apply Vicks to the area and cover it with a Band-Aid to relieve itching.
7. Humidify Your Sleep: Vicks VapoRub can be used in special types of humidifiers and vaporizers. Ensure your humidifier has an aromatherapy compartment before using. The humidifier will circulate Vicks throughout the air and keep you breathing easy all night long.