Mother always seeks the best for their children and that is why they try to feed them the healthiest foods. But this is always a big challenge as children dislike many nutritious foods and refuse to eat it. But if you change your way of cooking and come up with interesting and delicious recipes for your little one they will definitely love it. One of the healthiest foods that your kid should consume is beetroot. It is super healthy and helps to boost the immune system. Thanks to its attractive red color and its naturally sweet taste, it can be included in many amazing recipes for kids. If you want to know some healthy and delicious beetroot recipes for kids, look no further.
1. Beetroot Soup:
• 3 beetroots peeled and cut in small pieces.
• 1 potato peeled and cut in small pieces.
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 cups homemade vegetable broth.
• ¼th cup yogurt
1. Place all ingredients in a pan and let it boil.
2. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes till the vegetables turn soft.
3. Put in a blender and puree.
4. Add the yogurt and serve.
2. Beetroot Juice:
• 1 small red Beetroot
• 1 Large Apple
• 1-2 carrots
• ½ Lemon
1. Peel and cut beetroot into big slices. Cut apple into long pieces and remove the core.
2. Peel and cut the carrot into long pieces.
3. Process all ingredients through the juicer.
4. Pour it into a glass and serve.
3. Beetroot puree:
• Wheat flour – 1 cup
• Beetroot – Beetroot puree from very small beetroot.
• Salt – ½ tsp
• Garam masala – ½ tsp
• Oil or ghee – 1 tsp (for the dough)
• Oil – for frying the poori
1. Peel the skin and chop the beetroot.
2. In a mixer jar puree them.
3. In a large bowl add all the ingredients and knee the dough.
4. Let it rest for half an hour.
5. Make equal size balls roll it out to the shapes you like.
6. Fry them in oil.
4. Beetroot And Chickpea Dip:
• ½ cup cooked chickpeas
• 1 peeled and cooked beetroot.
• 2 tbsp. yogurt
1. Put all the ingredients in the blender.
2. Make into a smooth dip.
5. Baked Beetroot Shapes:
5. thinly sliced beetroots.
• Olive oil
1. Make interesting shapes out of the beetroot slices using cookie cutters.
2. Brush a baking sheet lightly with the oil.
3. Bake for about 10 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees till they turn tender.