Ovarian Cancer which is often called the “silent killer”, is one of the most deadly cancers in women. It is usually found at a very advanced stage because its symptoms are often so subtle and seems like common annoyances. And that is why women don’t pay much attention to them and by time cancer spreads and become to progressed to treat effectively. In fact, only 20-percent of cases of ovarian cancers found early enough to treat the disease, so every woman should be aware of the early symptoms of ovarian cancer to treat it as soon as possible. Below are 10 early warning signs of ovarian cancer.
1. Loss of Appetite: One of the most common symptoms that ovarian cancer causes is a sudden loss of appetite. This happens because the cancer impacts metabolism—or the breakdown of food into energy that fuels the body. So if you know your own appetite and you feel that you don’t want to eat or if you are feeling full half away through the meal time, you should check the doctor as it could be a sign that you may have ovarian cancer.
2. Abdominal Pain: If you feel discomfort or pain in the pelvic area or belly that feels very different from normal indigestion and menstrual problems, it may be a sign that you have ovarian cancer. Most patients complained of abdominal pain that persisted for longer than 2 weeks and wasn’t associated with their period, diarrhea, or the stomach flu.
3. Bloating: If you are noticing that your belly starting to feel stiff or bloated in the way that your clothes fit tighter around your waist and this case doesn’t go away and you are not doing any changes in your diet, this can be an alert. In this case, you must see a doctor immediately because it may be a sign of ovarian cane.
4. Frequent Urination: If you experience urinary problems, such as an urgent need to urinate as well as peeing more often than usual it may be a sign of ovarian cancer. It also may be a sign of weak pelvic floor muscles or you might have a urinary tract infection. So you should be checked to know the real reason behind this case.
5. Lower Back Pain: A persistent, achy, dull pain in the lower back is a common sign of ovarian cancer. Many women patients equate the feeling with labor pain.