Having a shining set of teeth can make anyone looks more attractive. Your teeth are one of the first things people notice and having white teeth can create an impression that you are a person who cares about himself. Teeth discoloration can be a result of drinking coffee and tea or smoking and it also is a part of the aging process. Fortunately, there are a number of teeth whitening home remedies that can help you have a whitened smile.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is one of the most popular agents that can naturally whiten your teeth. It will help remove plaque and make your teeth look whiter.
• Mix a little bit of baking soda with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon. Using a cotton swab, wipe saliva and excess plaque from your teeth before brushing on the mixture. Leave the mixture on your teeth for a minute before gently brushing it off with a toothbrush.
• Or, you can mix a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with a small amount of baking soda to make a paste and brush your teeth as usual. Make sure that you have enough hydrogen peroxide mixed in with the soda. The paste should not be gritty at all, it should be a runnier paste.
Strawberries: Strawberries can help whiten teeth because they contain an enzyme called malic acid and vitamin C. Strawberries also have astringent which helps to remove surface stains and vitamin C washes away plaque.
• Mash few strawberries and rub the mixture on your teeth gently. Do this remedy once or twice a week for the best results.
Orange Peel: Cleaning your teeth with orange peel regularly can reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth.
• Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before sleeping. The vitamin C and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night.
• Repeat this for a few weeks and you will get good results.
Oil Pulling: This is an Indian remedy used primarily to enhance oral health and cleanse the body. And many people praise the result of this remedy in terms of whitening their teeth.
• Take one tablespoon of pure, organic oil and swish it between your teeth for 15-20 minutes. Move the oil around your mouth through sipping, sucking, and essentially pulling through your teeth. After rinsing, spit out the oil, thoroughly rinse your mouth out with water, and consume 2-3 glasses of water.