Lemon water is a great beverage that provides our bodies with many vitamins, minerals, and pectin fiber. Also, it has curative values and antibacterial properties. Lemon has therapeutic properties which help maintain your immune system as well as help in purifying your blood. So making lemon water a part of your daily routine will be great. Drinking a glass of this amazing beverage every morning will help you get its amazing benefits.
Here are 5 benefits to drinking warm lemon water every morning:
1. Improves Digestion: The citric acid in lemon can aid your body in digestion as it interacts with various enzymes in your body and stimulates the secretion of gastric juice. The digestive properties of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.
2. Boosts Your Immune System: Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which helps cure the common colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid found in lemons have anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms as well as it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function.
3. Energizes you And Reduce Depression Symptoms: The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. Lemon water has a high potassium content, while depression and anxiety are often linked to not having enough potassium in your blood.
4. Helps in Weight loss: Lemons have pectin fiber, which aids in the suppression of hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster.
5. Balances pH Level: Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.