Ascites is a health condition when fluid builds up inside the abdomen. It usually occurs due to the inappropriate functioning of the liver. A liver disease like cirrhosis is primarily accountable for ascites. Some of ascites symptoms are a sudden weight gain, swelling, and pain in the abdomen, heartburn, diminished appetite, nausea, and vomiting. There are several home remedies that can treat mild level ascites and provide relief from its associated symptoms. Here are some effective home remedies to treat ascites naturally.
1. Garlic: Garlic is amazing food that provides many health benefits and it is one of the best ascites home remedies. The regular use of this simple ingredient can help to reduce the bloating and tenderness associated with ascites. Garlic is also said to possess anti-cancer properties. Also, it reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, lowers the risk of heart diseases, strengthens your bones, and reduces the damage of free radical with anti-oxidants.
2. Fenugreek Seeds: They are one of the best home remedies for curing ascites. They help cure key issues of your abdomen quickly. They have hepatoprotective and anti-cancer effects. Plus, they reduce inflammation and helps in eliminating free radicals that are causing damage inside the body.
3. Bitter Gourd: Regular consumption of bitter gourd root juice gives instant relief from ascetic soreness. It is beneficial for treating liver disorders because of its tonic and antibilious properties. Moreover, recent studies show that it also has a positive effect in improving your appetite, so it is beneficial for those who have loss of appetite due to ascites.
4. Onion: Onions are good for treating ascites due to their diuretic properties. To get relief from ascites, one needs to get rid of the toxic fluid accumulated in the abdomen and that what onion does. Besides being a good diuretic, onions are good antibiotic and antiseptic.
5. Radish: Radish is considered to be good for the liver as it acts as a natural detoxifier. So, it is considered as one of the key elements in treating ascites, especially in cases where it is caused due to liver problems. One of the other important benefits of radish is that it stimulates hunger.
6. Mangoes: Mango has many health benefits and it can help in treating ascites. In some cases, ascites occurs when cancer spreads to the abdominal lining. Mangoes are loaded with polyphenols that are effective for reducing the cancer cell as well as the inflammation caused by cancer. Mangoes also are good for lowering cholesterol, improving eye health, and digestion.