Dark circles are a widespread skin problem that affects both men and women. There are many reasons behind the formation of dark circles including heredity aging, lack of sleep, stress, unhealthy diet, heredity, and hormonal changes. Luckily, you can get rid of these unpleasant circles by applying some natural remedies which will not only lighten the skin dark circles but also will nourish and hydrates the skin under and around your eyes.
Here are the best home remedies that will help you easily get rid of your dark circles.
1. Almond Oil: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and their oil can be used as an emollient which can make the skin soft and supple.
• Apply a little almond oil on your dark circles and massage gently. Do this step before going to bed, leave it on overnight and wash it next morning.
• Repeat this remedy every day until the dark circles disappear.
2. Potatoes: Potato contains natural bleaching agents that help lighten dark circles and remove puffiness under eyes.
• Grate the raw potatoes and extract the juice from them.
• Soak a cotton ball in the juice.
• Place the cotton balls on the dark circles and make sure that the juice is covering the dark circles entirely.
• Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Wash your eyes with cold water. Repeat this two times a week.
3. Rose Water: Rose water has amazing antioxidant properties that help in strengthening the skin cells and rejuvenating the skin. Also, it has a soothing effect on tired eyes.
• Soak cotton balls in rose water for a few minutes.
• Apply the soaked balls on the dark circles.
• Leave them for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
• Repeat this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
4. Tomato: Tomatoes can be an effective way to get rid of dark circles as they have bleaching properties that can lighten skin. Tomatoes can not only lighten dark circles but it also will leave your skin soft and supple.
• Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
• Gently apply the mixture on the dark circles, let it sit for 10 minutes then wash it off with water.
• Repeat this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
• You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves and lemon juice. Drink this juice once or twice a day to get the best results.