Dark spots are also known as age spots or black spots. These discolored patches of skin when appears on your face can be embarrassing and annoying. These spots appear due to the excess secretion of melanin – the pigment responsible for the color of our skin. Some other factors that can lead to this condition include over exposure to the sun, hormone imbalance, pregnancy, certain medications, vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep and too much stress. It is better to get rid of these spots instead of trying to hiding them with makeup. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies that can help removing these dark spots and nourishing your skin.
Here are top 4 home remedies for black spots on the skin.
1. Lemon: Lemon juice is likely the best remedy for removing dark spots. Lemon contains bleaching agents that help fade the dark pigment found in dark spots on the skin.
• Apply some fresh lemon juice to a cotton ball and then apply the cotton ball on the affected area.
• Left the juice for twenty minutes and then rinse with cool water.
• Repeating this method two times a day for two months to get the desired result.
• Note: Don’t use lemon juice if you have got open sores or lesions on the skin. Also, avoid going out in the sun after using the lemon juice as it can make your skin photosensitive.
2. Buttermilk: Buttermilk is beneficial to the skin because it contains lactic acid which can reduce skin pigmentation and brighten your skin.
• Mix 4 tablespoons of buttermilk with 2 tablespoons of fresh tomato juice.
• Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes, then wash.
3. Aloe Vera: Alo vera is known for its incredible healing properties but it also can work as a natural dark spot corrector. Aloe vera gel contains polysaccharides that stimulate the growth of new skin cells to help reduce dark spots.
• Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
• Apply it directly on dark patches and black spots.
• Gently massage the area with your fingertips for a few minutes.
• Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse your face.
• Repeat this once or twice daily for a few weeks to fade skin discolorations.
4. Papaya: Papaya can do wonder for your skin. It contains a powerful enzyme that helps to get rid of dark spots, acne, and other skin blemishes.
• Apply the pulp of ripe papaya to the affected areas.
• Leave it for twenty minutes, then rinse it off.