Acne is a very annoying skin problem which people of any age can get it. Although it isn’t dangerous in itself, it can affect your self-confidence. Also, acne causes inflammations on the skin that lead to blemishes and it can leave scars on the skin if it left untreated. Instead of spending a fortune to get rid of acne, using some natural remedies will help you to avoid those unpleasant issues. Here are some of the best natural ways to heal acne.
1. Egg Whites: An egg white mask can be a great way to clear up existing outbreaks and also reduce the appearance of scars caused by previous outbreaks. Simply whip 2-3 egg whites until they are frothy, then apply the foam to clean, dry skin. Apply one thin layer, let it dry, and then add another, 3 or 4 layers should be plenty. After the mask is applied, let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash, dry and moisturize your face.
2. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is one of the greatest remedies for your skin. A small amount applied directly to a trouble spot can clean out the area and reduce swelling. Mix one part tea tree oil with nine parts water, and use a clean cotton ball to apply it to acne. Regularly applying it before bed can prevent future breakouts.
3. Baking Soda: Baking soda, when mixed with water and applied to your face, is a fantastic way of cleaning and exfoliating. It’s also helpful for taking the sting out of particularly angry, painful spots and will assist in the reduction of swelling.
4. Banana Peels: Banana peels contain lutein, a very powerful antioxidant that encourages healthy cell growth and reduces inflammation. Simply rub a banana peel gently over your face in a circular motion. Wait at least 30 minutes, then wash your face.
5. Lemon: Lemon is bursting with vitamins, minerals, and antibacterial agents, and is also a natural astringent. This makes it wonderful for the skin. Mix the lemon with water, honey, or yogurt to create a face mask. Lemon will also tighten the skin up and help reduce wrinkles.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric has antibacterial and antifungal properties. To use it, simply make a paste of turmeric and water and apply it to blemishes. It can help to shorten healing time and reduce inflammation.