Baking soda is one of the most versatile products that is available in any house and it can be used for many purposes. It is a mixture of sodium and pH neutralizer which can be used for many cosmetic uses. Baking soda has the ability to lighten dark areas of skin in an effective way. And here we are going to explain how you can use baking soda to whiten one of the most common areas that have a tendency to darken which is underarms.
1. Baking soda with water: This mixture can remove dark discoloration under the arms and also treats underarm rashes.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with few drops of water to form a thick paste.
• Apply the paste on underarms and massage gently in a circular motion for few minutes.
• Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
• Do this remedy 3-4 times a week.
2. Baking Soda With Lemon: Baking soda for skin whitening when mixed with lemon juice has vitamin C that acts as a bleaching agent.
• Make a paste of 10 grams of baking soda and juice of half a lemon.
• Apply this mixture on underarms and rub it gently.
• Leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
• Repeat this process at least 3 times a week.
3. Baking Soda with Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is used to exfoliate the skin from deep layers.
• Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
• Apply the paste on the affected areas.
• After 15 minutes, wash it off using warm water followed by cold water.
• Follow this process 2 times a week.
4. Baking Soda with Honey: Honey is effective in fighting bacteria, tightening the skin pores, and moisturizing the skin.
• Mix equal quantities of baking soda and honey to form a fine paste.
• Apply the paste on the affected areas, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
• Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily.
5. Baking Soda with Coconut Oil: While baking soda is used for exfoliating the dead skin, coconut oil is used to prevent the skin irritation that is caused by the exfoliation.
• Combine baking soda with coconut oil to make a thick paste.
• Scrub this paste in a circular motion on the affected area for few minutes.
• Leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
• Rinse with water.
• Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.