Skin Pigmentation is a common problem among masses, especially among women. Pigmentation of skin causes uneven color and dark patches. Pigmentation can occur on almost any part of the body, including the face, neck, legs, and arms. This condition can be treated naturally with the help of some effective home remedies.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel contains mucilaginous polysaccharides that make it very effective for hyperpigmented skin. It can remove the dead skin cells and cleanse the skin without disturbing its natural balance.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with ½ tablespoon of raw honey.
• Allow the mixture to settle for 10 minutes, then apply it to the pigmentation.
• After 20 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this remedy once a day for two weeks.
Raw Potato: Potatoes are effective for lightening hyperpigmneted skin and can lighten dark spots and blemishes too. Potatoes contain catecholase, an enzyme that has the ability to lighten skin tone.
• Cut a potato into 2 thick slices and put a few drops of water on the exposed side.
• Rub it on your skin for 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
• Do this remedy three to four times a day for a month.
Turmeric: Turmeric is thought to make the skin vibrant and free of infection. It also has bleaching properties that can help remove the symptoms of hyperpigmented skin.
• Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of turmeric powder.
• Apply the mixture on the affected area and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
• Rinse it off with cold water.
• Do this in the night before going to bed.
• Alternatively, you can make a paste of five tablespoons of turmeric powder and 10 tablespoons of milk. Apply this paste on the problem area and gently massage for five minutes. After 20 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
• Mix the juice of one lemon with 2 teaspoons of raw honey.
• Apply the mixture to your skin and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
• Rinse it with water. Do this remedy twice a day.
Orange Peel: It has citric acid that helps reduce melanin content, resulting in treating pigmentation.
• Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice, milk, and honey with one tablespoon of dried orange peel powder.
• Apply the mixture on your skin.
• Leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then massage gently.
• Wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Follow this remedy three or four times a week.