Lips are one of the most body parts that girls give it much attention because they have a great role in their entire appearance. Lips are very delicate and can get dry and chapped easily, so you always have to take a good care of them to keep them soft and supple. In order to achieve this, you need to use a good lip balm. Of course, there are many lip balms out there that you can choose, but it always better to go natural. Making your own lip balm at home will save you a few dollars while also make you sure that what you apply on your lips is all natural. Let’s take a look at some easy yet amazing recipes for lipmaking homemade lip balm.
1. Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Lip Balm
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that protect lips from UV exposure. Beeswax is a wonderful moisturizer for chapped lips. Shea butter protects the skin of the lips and helps soften them
– Put 1/8 cup of coconut oil, 1/8 cup of shea butter, 1 tsp each of sweet almond oil and coconut extract, ¼ cup of rose petals, and ¼ cup of beeswax into a small saucepan.
– Heat on low until everything is melted, or if using microwave heat in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
– Pour into sanitized containers of your choice.
– Let cool completely and they’re ready to use!
2. Peppermint Lip Balm
Peppermint is a great flavor for lip balm and the cooling properties are excellent for healing chapped or dry lips.
– Melt 1 ounce of beeswax in a double broiler setup and once thoroughly melted, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 5 drops of peppermint essential oil and 4 tablespoons of shea butter.
– Distribute this into smaller lip balm containers.
– Make sure that you allow the lip balm to cool completely so that it hardens properly before using it.
3. Honey Lip Balm
Honey has great moisturizing properties and the base of this lip balm is beeswax and this is an excellent protective ingredient for those cold, windy days or hot sunny days in summer.
– Melt 3 teaspoons of beeswax along with 5 teaspoons of either castor, sunflower or jojoba oil using a double broiler.
– Stir well to ensure that all ingredients are mixed well and then remove the mixture from heat.
– Stir in a few drops of essential oils and 1 teaspoon of honey and mix completely, then divide into containers.