Bananas are an amazing fruit and they are one of the most common fruits found across the world. Aside from its delicious taste, banana is very good for health as it has components that can help fight many diseases. We always tend to eat the banana and throw away the peel because we don’t know that there are many interesting uses for it. Banana peels are full of antioxidants, antifungal, antibacterial and enzymatic properties that can be put to good use. Moreover, they are high in vitamins B6, B12, magnesium, and potassium. So think twice the next time you toss the banana peel in the trash. Below are some incredible uses for banana peels.
1. Whitens Teeth: The citric acid in banana peels can help reduce the yellow stains on your teeth and whiten them. Plus, the peels have plaque-busting and astringent salicylic acid that will not wear down your tooth enamel and even supports healthy teeth.
– Choose a fresh banana and rub the inside of the peel against your teeth until they are completely coated in banana’s paste.
– Apply for at least two minutes, and leave the paste for about ten.
– After that, brush your teeth with toothpaste to remove the residue.
– Do this once a day for a couple of weeks to remove the stains.
2. Cures Acne: Banana peels are very effective in curing acnes and pimples. The peel works as a natural exfoliating agent to remove toxins from the skin pores, which in turn treats and reduces the risk of acne. Its antioxidant power also helps fight germs that cause acne. Also, the peel contains anti-inflammatory properties that help calm inflamed skin.
– Rub the inside of a banana peel on the affected skin area for 5 minutes.
– After 20 minutes, rinse your face with cool water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day.
3. Relieve Mosquito Bites: The banana peels draw fluid from the bite which helps relieve the itching and reduce the swelling.
– Massage the inside of a banana peel on the affected area for 5 minutes.
– Wait 15 minutes, then rinse off the area with cool water.
– Repeat as needed.
4. Removes Warts: Banana peels have strong antioxidants as well as various enzymes that can help heal warts and keep them from coming back.
1. Cut a piece of banana peel large enough to cover the area.
2. Put the inside of the peel against the affected area.
3. Secure it with tape or a bandage.
4. Leave it on overnight.
5. Remove the peel the next morning.
6. Repeat daily for a few weeks or until you get rid of warts.