A concealer is a lifesaving cosmetic product that will not only make you look good but also feel good if applied correctly. The trick with make up in general and a concealer in particular is to look natural with a plus. With a concealer you do not want to end up with an over-white panda eye. Blending is key to a good and natural look so let’s learn more about applying concealer.
1. A 101 tip in applying a concealer is to apply foundation first and then add a thin layer of concealer. If you applied concealer first it will wear off the minute you start applying foundation and you will still have to apply concealer afterwards.
2. So how to apply concealer to the eye? You would find it most flattering to draw a triangle pointing toward your cheek with the base under your eye. This technique covers any dark circles under the eye, blends the eye area with the rest of the face and gives the illusion of a face lift.
3. A common problem we face when applying an eyeshadow is that the eyeshadow falls off the eyelids. An eyeshadow primer is an overrated and overpriced solution, want the result without spending any more money? prevent your eyeshadow from falling off your eyelids by adding a concealer base to your eyeshadow. You will find that the eyeshadow is setting in the creases now.
4. Pimples are always red, angry and always ill-timed. To conceal a pimple, use a green concealer first on the pimple only to prevent the bacteria from spreading. Then, apply a concealer that matches your skin tone.
5. To cover a chest or back pimple, you need to cover it with concealer and then apply some translucent powder. The powder will help the concealer to stay intact and prevent it from wearing off.
6. If you are indoors or outdoors and found that you are out of concealer, no worries. A foundation can act as a concealer if used properly. Apply a dot of foundation and let it set before blending it. The trick is to let the amount of foundation dry a bit so that it reaches the consistency of a concealer.
7. Face contouring is now a hot trend? But ever noticed that we kind of do the same to our eyes? For a perfect and flattering look, contour your eyes with a concealer! The trick is to apply stress and highlight to the eye. To do that, apply a concealer slightly lighter than your skin tone to highlight the inner V, the middle section of the eyelid and just below the brow bone. This eye contouring will brighten up your eyes and your face as well.