Muscle tension is caused when a muscle contracts and does not release, which is not a healthy condition. Muscle tension can be caused by a physical occurrence such as overuse, or it can be a product of stress. Reducing muscle tension and relaxing muscles helps to reduce stress, anxiety and improve your health instantly. Sometimes, it goes away when you take pain medication and rest. Fortunately, there are a variety of natural relaxants that don’t have any side effects. Here are the best 4 natural relaxants that you can try them.
1. Epsom Salt: Baths with Epsom salts are perfect for relaxing your tired muscles. This is thanks to their high levels of magnesium. This essential mineral helps to prevent pain. In fact, it even encourages the treatment of inflammatory diseases like fibromyalgia and arthritis.
• Add half a cup of Epsom salts to water in your tub. Submerge your body for twenty minutes.
• Use this treatment before sleeping to guarantee good rest.
2. Chamomile: Chamomile is an ancient herb that’s used to treat a variety of ailments. This herb is also a natural solution for relieving pain and muscular swelling. It contains 36 flavonoids, which are compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties.
• Drink a cup (8 oz.) of chamomile tea two times per day.
• Apply chamomile oil on your hands. Then, massage the areas that hurt.
3. Cayenne Pepper: cayenne pepper is a good solution for muscle pain. Capsaicin, a substance found in cayenne pepper, is a natural muscle relaxant that’s often recommended to people who suffer from fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
• Add small amounts of cayenne pepper to your smoothies and teas.
• Get cayenne pepper and use it to massage your tired muscles.
4. Arnica Oil: The thymol found in arnica has been found to be an effective vasodilator of subcutaneous blood capillaries, which helps facilitate the transport of blood and other fluid accumulations and acts as an anti-inflammatory to aid the normal healing processes. Moreover, Arnica oil stimulates the flow of white blood cells, which process congested blood to help disperse trapped fluid from the muscles, joints and bruised tissue. Applying its oil directly creates a gentle heating sensation. This reduces tension and relieves movement problems.
• Put several drops of arnica oil or gel on the tense muscles and massage then for five minutes.
• Repeat this treatment two times per day if you think it’s necessary.