Premature graying of hair can be a nightmare for younger adults as it can greatly affect their look. This problem occurs when melanocytes around the hair follicle reduce the amount of melanin it produces. This can happen due to many factors like a genetic predisposition, poor nutrition, hormonal fluctuations, smoking, pollution, stress, use of unsuitable hair products, and certain diseases such as chronic colds, sinusitis, and thyroid disorders. People always tend to cover those gray strands with commercial and chemical-laden hair colors, but some natural home remedies can do the trick.
Here are the top 4 home remedies for premature graying of hair.
1. Black Tea: Black tea works best with prematurely gray hair as it helps darken your hair, as well as soften it and add shine.
– Boil two teaspoons of black tea in a cup of water. Add a teaspoon of salt and allow it to cool.
– Rinse your hair with this a few times. The last time, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
– Wash your hair with cold water but do not use shampoo.
– Repeat the process once or twice a week.
2. Henna: Henna works as a wonderful natural hair colorant. Besides making your hair darker, it will strengthen and condition your lustrous locks.
– Grind a handful of henna leaves into a paste. Add three teaspoons of Indian gooseberry powder, one teaspoon of coffee powder, and a little plain yogurt. Spread it evenly on your hair. After it dries, rinse it out and then shampoo your hair as usual. Repeat the process once every two to four weeks.
3. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice: Coconut oil works wonders for your hair. It moisturizes hair, stimulates hair growth, fights infections, and adds luster to your hair. When used for a prolonged time, it also helps reverse gray hair because it is packed with antioxidants.
– Mix the coconut oil with the fresh lemon juice.
– Gently massage it into your scalp, then comb it through the entire length of your hair.
– Leave it for an hour.
– Wash it out with mild shampoo or soap.
4. Black Molasses: Blackstrap molasses is a common and effective home remedy to prevent and reduce the problem of gray hair. It is rich in copper, which helps with the production of hair pigment. Eat a tablespoon of it every morning for at least a few months to see positive results.