A long healthy hair is a dream for many women. The main factor in getting a long hair is taking care of it properly so you don’t have any damage or weak strands. Taking care of your hair include having enough protein, vitamins, and minerals. To ensure that your hair grows longer and healthier, there are some tips to follow.
1. Washing your hair too often can strip away protective oils that help keep it healthy. It is advisable to wash your hair 3 to 4 times a week. Use dry shampoo to help in absorbing excess oil and brush your hair with boar bristle brush to distribute hair oils from root to tip for extra natural shine. Wash your hair with colder water as it is good for fighting frizz and keeping your hair smooth.
2. After getting a shower, get rid of any excess water in your hair and dry it gently with a soft towel. Take care not to rub or massage your wet hair with a towel. Use a wide-tooth comb while combing your hair and start from the ends up to the roots to detangle your hair in a gentle way. Try to let you hair air dry and never use heating irons on wet strands.
3. If you do use a hair dryer, set it to the lowest setting. On the other hand, if you are using a curling or flat iron, minimize the time it contacts your hair to be 3-4 seconds per section. Before exposing your hair to heat styling, protect it with a heat-protective product.
4. Try to minimize your use of shampoos, conditioners, and styling products since they contain chemicals that have a good effect on the short run but in the long run, it will dry and damage your hair. Consider choosing healthier products to help your hair grow healthier. Don’t use shampoos that contain sulfates or conditioners that contain silicone.
5. Your hair is a reflection of your diet, so you should consider eating foods that help your hair grow healthier, thicker and longer. Include foods that contain vitamin B in your daily diet to keep hair thick, vitamin B can be found in fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Also add foods that are rich in protein in your table like eggs, meat, fish, legumes and leafy greens. Foods that are packed with omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, olive oil, and avocados are good for keeping hair lustrous and smooth.