Having a long, strong hair presents a dream for many ladies. And many ladies believe that having a long hair depends only on the types of the products they use for their hair, but it is also about what they eat. In order to promote your hair growth, you need to feed the hair from inside with healthy doses of proteins and minerals. Here we will mention some of the best super foods which can greatly help you in having a strong, vibrant and long hair.
1. Salmon: Salmon is one of the most power foods that doctors always recommend eating for overall body health. It contains a rich dose of omega 3 fatty acids which play the most important role in promoting scalp health and this lead to shiny, long and strong strands. Salmon also is rich in protein and vitamin D and the both are necessary for strong, healthy hair. So, eat salmon on a regular basis, and you will be impressed by the results you will notice on your hair and skin.
2. Avocados: Avocados contains high fats which are necessary in order to have a longer and shinier hair. These fats include omega-3 fatty acids which are quite important for a healthy scalp. Instead of eating avocados, you can put it directly on your hair and scalp to spur the production of collagen and elastin which are essential for the skin and scalp’s structure.
3. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A, this vitamin is vital for hair growth and healthy scalp. Beta-carotene can be found also in foods such as carrots, dark green lettuces, kale, butternut squash, asparagus, and pumpkin. You might think of taking vitamin A supplements instead of eating these foods, but you should know that too much of vitamin A may lead to hair loss. So it is advisable to eat the foods we mentioned to avoid hair loss.
4. Almonds: They are rich in biotin. Eating a cup of almonds regularly will help in having longer and thicker hair.
5. Oysters: Oysters have a sufficient dose of mineral Zinc which helps regulate the production of androgens that prevents hair loss. And they also produce a good level of protein and promote the dry scalp.
6. Egg Yolks: Egg yolks contain a high level of omega-3 fatty acids and biotin which can help you in having a longer and healthier manes.