There are various factors that can lead to unhealthy hair such as extreme weather, hair dyes, environmental pollutants, shampoos, and hairstyling products. You can treat your hair and allow it to breath by an amazing homemade herbal rinses. A hair rinse is an affordable way to enhance the condition of your hair and scalp. And here are some of those natural herbal rinses.
1. Sage: It is effective in cleaning the hair of oil buildup and chemicals. Add 2 teaspoons of dried sage to 2 cups of boiling water. Allow the liquid to cool then take the sage out of the water and apply it on your freshly washed hair. Massage the liquid into the scalp.
2. Chamomile: The dryness of scalp can result in problems like itchiness and dandruff. Using chamomile will keep your scalp from being very dry and it is great for soothing an itchy or sore scalp. To prepare chamomile rinse, you need to add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers to 2 cups of boiling water. Then allow it to steep to room temperature, remove the chamomile and pour on newly washed hair.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: It is one of the easiest and most popular hair rinses which will help cleansing the scalp and will give your hair shine. Get a bottle of apple cider vinegar, open the bottle an apply some on your hair. Then wash your hair with shampoo.
4. Linden Flower: If you are suffering from dry, brittle hair, linden flower hair rinse will be a perfect solution for you. Linden flower will contribute in strengthening dry and brittle hair. In order to prepare this hair rinse, add two teaspoons of dried linden flower to 2 cups of boiling water, and steep until cool. Strain and pour over clean hair. Massage it into the scalp.
5. Lemon and Tea Tree Oil: This scalp rinse can help you get rid of dandruff and make your hair looks shinier. Mix 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with 5 drops of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water. Pour over hair and take care not to getting into eyes. Massage into scalp and hair. Rinse afterwards and wash your hair with a clarifying conditioner.
6. Birch Leaf: You can use birch leaf hair rinse regularly to get relief from hair loss problem. Moreover, birch leaf will soften your hair and maintain scalp health. Pour 2cups of boiling water over birch leaves, wait until it is in room temperature, strain and pour over clean hair. Consult your physician before applying this rinse if your are allergic to celery, wild carrot, mugwort, and certain spices.