Hair care is always one of the top priorities for every girl. However, there are many things in our daily routine that can be adjusted or changed to help us get the lovely mane. First of all, the way we handle our hair during showers is one of the critical points that we should consider in our hair care routine. There are certain easy shower-rules you should follow to make your hair look healthy. Here, we will talk about some shower tips on how to keep your hair thick and shiny.
1. Shampoo Properly: Unlike what most of us do, experts say that shampooing the scalp, roots, and nape is more effective than shampooing on the general hair length. Because these are the spots where dirt tends to collect. Avoid using too much shampoo on the ends, as it can cause dryness.
2. Towel-Dry Before conditioning: After rinsing the shampoo from your scalp do not apply the conditioner immediately. Take a towel and wrap it around your head to soak up excess water. The conditioner absorbs into the cuticle easily it there isn’t much water so it is advised by stylist to apply conditioner on towel dried hair especially if your hairs are frizzy. The conditioner will penetrate easily and will deliver maximum benefits.
3. Don’t Shampoo Too Frequently: Excessive shampooing can damage your hair and can make them dry brittle due to the chemicals it contains. That is why it is advised to shampoo only twice or maximum thrice a week is sufficient. If your hairs are curly then your hair are more prone to get dry due to shampoo so avoid it as much as you can.
4. Keep Showers Short: Prolonged showers can harm your hair, so you should try and keep your shower time down to the minimum. Experts say that showers that last for more than 10 minutes usually wash away essential oils from the hair.
5. Use Cold Water: Using cold water to rinse hair to make hair shiny and to seal moisture in hair. Cold water closes the cuticles and locks the moisture which eventually makes your hair look shiny. Hot water shower can strip the hair of essential oil, which can lead to tangled hair.
6. Pat Dry: When you rub your hair, you end up yanking your hair and damaging the roots and ends. The best way to dry your hair is to pat them dry. Pat-drying is gentler on the hair and much more effective.