The good lifestyle choices such as avoiding cigarettes, laminating alcohol, keeping fit are good steps in preventing cancer. Another vital factor that can protect your health is your eating habits. Do you know that about 35% of all kinds of cancers are related to nutritional factors? This means that your food choices can fuel cancer or otherwise can prevent it. Eating a wide variety of healthy foods can greatly help in preventing cancer. In this article, we are going to mention some kinds of fruits that can lower the risk of getting cancer.
1. Mango: Research found that eating mangos can lower the risk of having breast cancer. Researchers have conducted a study of polyphenols, this study was focused on bio-active ingredients called tannins, which can prevent and stop cancer progression. Mango contains tannic acid that is a kind of polyphenol with a bitter taste. These polyphenols have been found to have an ability to disrupt the cell division cycle. Polyphenols are found also in grape seeds and teas.
2. Berries: Berries are one of the world’s most antioxidant foods. They are quite easy to be found and they can be added to many recipes of food. Blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, goji berries, camu camu and blackberries contain vitamin C, vitamin A, and gallic acid which is an effective antifungal agent that increases immunity. Berries are rich in proanthocyanidin antioxidants, which can lower free radical damage.
3. Citrus: Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lemon, and kumquat are known for containing a large proportion of vitamin C. Vitamin C is good for preventing the formation of nitrosamine which can happen after eating processed meat. Moreover, vitamin C is good for patients with gastric cancer, laryngeal cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer.
4. Red Apples: Researchers have made on rats shown that red fruits such as red apples and red vegetables are protecting against breast cancer. The red skin fruits and vegetables contain vitamins that can effectively inhibit production of cancer-promoting proteins and suppress the response of tumors to female hormones leading to lower the risk of breast cancer.
5. Hawthorn: Its common use is as an appetizer to stimulate digestion and lower blood lipids. It is rich in vitamin C and it can inhibit the growth of cancer cell. It is effective for the digestive tract and female reproductive system cancers such as gastric cancer and breast cancer.