No one likes when he wake up with puffy eyes or when people keep asking you why you look tired because of that swelling under your eyes. Puffy eyes are a frustrating beauty problem that happens for many reasons, including excessive crying, excessive physical stress, genetics, dermatitis, hormonal changes in the body, a change in weather, sinus problems, hangovers, bad diet, lack of sleep and some allergic reaction. To help you overcome this problem, below is a list of the most effective DIY hacks that will calm and cool your eye area easily.
1. Cold Spoons: This is the easiest home remedy for puffy eyes and it is also very effective. It will help tighten skin around the eyes and relaxes the blood vessels.
– Refrigerate 4 to 6 spoons.
– Lie down and place the spoons on your eyes, back side down.
– Hold the spoon against your eyes until the spoon becomes warm.
– Repeat twice a day.
2. Tea Bags: Tea bags can help soothe puffy and irritated eyes. Black or green tea bags will constrict blood vessels to reduce puffiness.
– Put 2 used tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
– Lie down and put the tea bags over your eyelids.
– Leave them in place for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Repeat a few times a day.
3. Milk: Milk cools and soothes skin and discourages water retention. It is used when you have extreme puffiness.
– Dip the cotton ball in a chilled milk and place over your eyes.
– Leave on 20-30 minutes, then rinse with water
– Repeat daily.
4. Cucumbers: The enzymes and the astringent properties in cucumbers help reduce inflammation and help tighten the skin. This remedy will also help get rid of wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
– Cut a cucumber into thick slices.
– Chill the slices in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
– Place the cold slices on your eyelids for about 10 minutes or until they become warm.
– Repeat the process several times a day.
5. Egg Whites: Egg whites have skin-tightening properties that can help banish under-eye bags as well as help prevent wrinkles.
– Whip 2 egg whites.
– Use a cotton ball to apply whipped egg whites to lower eyelids.
– Leave on 5 minutes.
– Rinse off with water.
– Repeat daily.
– Optional: add 3 drops witch hazel for astringent effects.