Bronchitis happen when you are affected with a respiratory illness and as a result of that, your air ways which connect the bronchi to your alveoli become inflamed and filled with mucus making breathing difficult. Of course, the first and most evident course of action is to treat the respiratory illness. However, until you are fully healed, you can use these treatments to limit and ease chronic bronchitis.
– Eat almonds: almonds are full of agents that can treat respiratory illnesses, among which are calcium, potassium, and magnesium. These agents can treat the inflammation and lessen the production of mucus.
– Steam from hot water can calm irritated airways and help in dislodging mucus stuck to them. You can inhale steaming water or drink it to treat the irritation of the airways. This is why we usually drink hot soup and fluids when we get the flu.
– Ever notice that if you exercise when you are sick, you don’t feel as sick as you used to be? Exercising enhances blood circulation in your veins and air circulation in your airways, which leads to moving and ultimately getting rid of the mucus that blocks your airways.
– Antiviral and antimicrobial foods. Some foods have natural and powerful disease fighting properties, such as onions, garlic, aloe Vera, honey…etc. Include more of these foods raw in your diet when you are suffering from any respiratory illness that irritates your airways.
– Turmeric is one of the greatest gifts of nature in any kind of treatment. Although western cultures don’t know much about it, eastern cultures are well aware of its healing properties and consider it a kitchen staple. To treat the irritation of your airways, mix a spoonful of turmeric with a glass of water and drink it to get rid of mucus naturally.