Constipation is a condition in which your defecation is difficult and happens fewer than once every two days. It is a common condition and can occur in all age groups. Everyone experiences this condition at least once in their lives. Constipation occurs most often because people don’t have enough fiber and/or water in their diet. Constipation can also occur as a result of too little exercise, or it can be a side effect of a number of different drugs. Fortunately, by doing some changes in your lifestyle and doing some natural remedies you can relieve and prevent constipation. Here are some effective ways to relieve constipation naturally.
1. Drink Water: water can be an effective way to relieve constipation. Hard, dry stools are a common cause of constipation, so when your drink more water the stool will pass through more easily.
2. Eat more Fiber: Fiber is a natural laxative as it increases the water ratio in your stool and helps bulk it up. And as a result of this, you bowel movement will move more quickly and smoothly through your colon. It is recommended to get at least 20 to 35 grams of dietary fiber every day. Foods that are rich in fibers include spinach, broccoli, apples, carrots, raspberries, and kidney beans.
3. Avoid Processed Foods: You need to avoid processed foods because they can contribute to chronic constipation. Foods like with sugar, flour, pastries, cheese and other dairy products are often high in fat and low in fiber. The tinned and canned foods should also be avoided.
4. Take Baking Soda: Baking soda is very effective for constipation as it works by neutralizing the acid on the stomach. It also allows the air to pass out from the stomach which will provide some immediate constipation relief. Blend 1 teaspoon of baking soda into a quarter cup of warm water and drink it.
5. Take Castor Oil: You can take castor oil when you are constipated because it eases your bowels in softening then so that the hard and dry stools slip out more easily and you feel much relieved. However, you should take castor oil with the recommended dose. If you are expecting, do not use it.
6. Do More Exercises: Exercise can help in eliminating your constipation problems. The exercising will move your body which will help stimulate the movement of your internal muscles too including intestinal muscles.