Indoor plants are one of the easiest and the most refreshing ways to purify the air in your home. Aside from enhancing the decoration of the home, plants grown indoors can brighten the space and create a relaxing ambiance. Studies have also proven that bringing lush greenery indoors can help reduce stress levels, relieve tension, and even help one heal faster. If you are wondering now what are the best indoors plants that you can pick up, keep reading this article.
1. Golden Pothos: It is a powerful plant that can remove many air pollutants. It grows best in cool temperatures and in low levels of sunlight. Due to its ability to clear formaldehyde from the air, it’s a beneficial plant to have in your living room or as a hanging plant, as the leaves will grow down in cascading vines.
2. English Ivy: English Ivy is one of the number one houseplants to grow indoors due to its incredible air filtering abilities. Thanks to its ability to climb structures, it’s easy to grow as topiary and use as a decorative element in your living spaces. An adaptable plant, it can be hung and perched on the floor and prefers moderate temperatures and medium sunlight.
3. Snake Plant: Also known as mother-in-law’s tongue, this plant is one of the best for filtering out formaldehyde, which is common in cleaning products, toilet paper, tissues and personal care products. It can be placed in your bathroom as it thrives with low light and steamy humid conditions while helping filter out air pollutants.
4. Spider Plants: Spider plants are easy to grow and are a popular houseplant for many. Not only are they decorative, but they’re also on NASA’s list of the best air-purifying plants. Effective at fighting off pollutants (including benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and xylene), they should be one of the first choices for any home seeking cleaner air.
5. Peace Lily: One of the few houseplants that will bloom indoors, the Peace Lily with its seashell-shaped spathes really will bring a touch of summer into a dreary winter. One of the best plants for removing formaldehyde, it also removes benzene and certain VOCs that are emitted by harsh cleaning products. It prefers low-light conditions and has a high transpiration rate that will humidify your air. Just be aware that the leaves can be poisonous to pets and children.