What is the best way to stop a bleeding pimple? We always ask this question after squeezing or picking it. Of course, you know that you are not supposed to pop pimples as it can lead to scarring and also may cause some breakouts as the bacteria inside can spread to different parts of your face. But if you already had ignored this advice and your pimple is already bleeding, here what you can do to stop the bleeding and preventing any scars from developing.
1. Ice: Ice can help in stopping a bleeding pimple as it decreases blood flow and reduces the swelling around the affected areas. Wrap a piece of an ice cube in a thin washcloth or towel. Hold the ice over the pimple for 5-10 minutes twice a day.
2. Salt Water: Many people wonder is it right that salt water can help make a popped pimple heal quicker? Although it seems weird the answer is a big yes. Just add a teaspoon of salt to a quarter cup of warm water and mix well. Use a cotton ball to apply the salt water to the popped zit. This will be a little bit painful but it is amazingly effective. Most bacteria can’t live in salty conditions, so the salt can help keep the wound from getting infected. Salt can also help dry out the pimple, reducing it in size and making it disappear more quickly.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is one of the best natural treatments which is known for its soothing properties. And this makes it a perfect solution for a bleeding pimple. Aloe vera can help soothe the damage caused by a popped pimple, reducing irritation and redness. Aloe Vera doesn’t only heal the wound quickly, it can also reduce scarring. Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel apply the regularly to the wound to get the best results.
4. Honey: Honey has antibacterial properties that help can drastically reduce redness caused by picking at a pimple. It also is a natural skin moisturizer that will keep your face smooth and hydrated. Apply the honey to the affected areas and wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Neem Leaves: Neem leaves are really great treatments for popped zits. Neem leaves have antiseptic properties, which help prevent infection. Neem leaves also help heal damaged skin, preventing marks and scars. To use this method, boil the neem leaves in water. Once the leaves have soaked into the water, let the mixture cool and wash the affected area with lukewarm neem leaf water.