Hemorrhoids or piles is a medical condition that happens when hemorrhoidal tissues in the anal canal get enlarged. Although it isn’t life threatening condition, it does cause much pain to the person who experiences it. Often, hemorrhoids are just a nuisance, but in some cases, they can form a painful clot that may require minor surgery. So if you want to know what are the causes of this annoying and painful problem. Here are 6 causes of hemorrhoids.
1. Obesity: In fact, obesity can cause many serious health problems and hemorrhoids is one of those problems. This is due to the increased intra-abdominal pressure, venous congestion, and chronic inflammation in the abdominal area of the obese patients. Thankfully, with the right diet and exercise regimen, you can completely eliminate this as a cause of your hemorrhoids.
2. Constipation: Another major cause of hemorrhoids is constipation. That’s because straining to have a bowel movement can result in excess pressure on the rectum and anus, resulting in swelling of the veins in these sensitive regions of the body. There are many things that can lead to constipation, but in most cases, it happens as a result of lack of fiber in your diet. So it’s a good idea to follow a high-fiber diet that can help prevent constipation and limit your chances of developing hemorrhoids
3. Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injury will lead to a bad posture which, in turn, puts a lot of pressure on the bottom of your body, which is going to lead to hemorrhoids. You will need to talk to your doctor about how you are going to deal with spinal cord injuries.
4. Pregnancy: Being pregnant can present a woman with a vast range of health difficulties, from nausea during the early stages to sore joints and muscles as the months drag on. Unfortunately, because pregnant women tend to spend more time sitting and because pregnancy causes a woman to gain weight, hemorrhoids are a common problem. Moreover, many pregnant women struggle with constipation, which, as we mentioned before can also lead to hemorrhoids.
5. Excessive Sitting: Spending an excessive amount of time sitting can lead to significant swelling in the areas around the anus and rectum. For many people who sit for hours at a time https://puttygen.in , this means the development of irritating hemorrhoids. To limit your chances of developing this problem, get up and walk around whenever possible. Also, talk to your superiors about using standing desks that can help reduce the amount of time you spend sitting at work.