Nowadays, many people around the world consume too much soda. Also, some families drink more soda than water. Soda not only contains many calories but it also has many health dangers. Soda consumption has been linked to dehydration, kidney problems, an increased risk of heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. So if you are concerning about your health, you should immediately swap out soft drinks and look for other healthier alternatives. In this article we share some soda alternatives that can lead a healthier life.
1. Flavored Water: Nowadays, more and more people tend to consume flavored water to avoid drinking plain water. It is a healthy and tasty alternative to soda. You can just add slice of your favorite fruits and veggies to a pitcher of ice-cold water for a refreshing and flavorful drink. Or you can pit chopped-up fruit in an ice cube tray, add water, and freeze. Add these fruit cubes in the water and enjoy a refreshing drink packed with fun colors and flavor.
2. Green Tea: Studies of green tea has shown that regular consumption of it may help reduce the risk of several types of cancer, heart disease, hypertension, kidney stones, diabetes, and obesity. Moreover, this calorie-free drink is high in antioxidants. You can pick any flavor you enjoy, because green tea is available in many varieties. It can be drunk hot or iced, and if you want you can sweeten it with a few drops of honey.
3. Almond Milk: Almond milk is a light and creamy beverage that can be a great alternative to dairy milk. It’s cholesterol free and fortified with calcium and vitamin d, giving you some of the same health benefits. Look for low-fat, unsweetened almond milk to reduce calories while enjoying a healthy, great-tasting beverage.
4. Vegetable Juice: Vegetable juice is a tasty and low-calorie way to make use of all the benefits of vegetables. It also contains much less natural sugar than fruit juices. You can make your own fresh juice easily at home with a juicer. Simply add your favorite veggies, and even a few slices of fruit if you want to sweeten your drink and you can add some black pepper and a drop of hot sauce.
5. Yogurt Drink: We always eat yogurt with spoon, but why not to drink it. This protein filled power drink can be plain, soy, or greek, giving a variety of options for yogurt lovers. Yogurt drinks are tasty and they can burn fat and boost your metabolism.