Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which glass, earthenware or bamboo cups are placed on your skin to create suction. Although this therapy is not as popular as modern medicine, it has many health benefits including reduce pain, inflammation in muscles and relax your body. Cupping is divided into two kinds, wet and dry. Dry just uses suction while Wet uses suction and draws blood from your skin in a controlled environment, though it barely hurts. If you are interested to know about the benefits of cupping, read on.
1. Improves Digestion: If you suffer from irregularity or irritable bowel syndrome, this method is an excellent way to go. When your digestive system isn’t functioning properly, cupping may help decrease or eliminate stomach pains, diarrhea, loss of appetite, water retention, and various gastrointestinal diseases.
2. Reduces Stress: Stress can negatively affect your mental and physical health, putting you at a greater risk for health issues from high blood pressure to a lowered immune system. Fortunately, cupping treatments can help reduce stress and make you feel more relaxed. Cupping can help alleviate physical complaints and sedates the central nervous system, putting you in a mode of utter relaxation. Not only can it relax you, but it can help protect you against anxiety and depression. You’re likely to walk away from a cupping session feeling more relaxed and even have a little more energy.
3. Reduces Blood Pressure: The suction provided by the cups plays a role in temporarily loosening muscles, which encourages blood flow. This process results in temporarily sedating the nervous system which proves to lower blood pressure. This also plays a part in increased lymphatic drainage as well as the promotion of blood circulation.
4. Boosts Skin Health: Not only does cupping help you feel better, it helps fight off wrinkles and mature skin. Also, it is used to reduce herpes, acne and even skin inflammation. It tones and firms skin because it improves the blood flow and expands capillaries. Make sure to use products after your treatment, like lotions and essential oils to absorb into your skin and feed it all the nutrients it needs.
5. Heals Injuries: If you have any prominent or internal injuries, cupping can be the solution you need. Cupping not only increases the range of motion but also helps in the promotion of healing in scar tissue and sites of chronic injury.