It is common for many people to make their own face packs, scrubs, and even shampoos at home using natural ingredients, but what about preparing body wash at home? This kind of experiment means you can customize the body wash for your skin type and you feel sure that what you are applying on your skin is free from harmful chemicals and preservatives. Below are the easiest recipes of homemade body wash that you will surely love to try out.
1. Coconut Oil Body Wash:
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, it’s an excellent moisturizer and can penetrate deep into the skin leaving your skin nourished and smooth.
• Melt ¼ cup of coconut oil.
• Add the coconut oil to 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil, and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E and whisk together.
• Add 1/ cup of Castile soap slowly and stirring gently.
• Transfer to glass or plastic bottle.
• Shake before each use.
2. Lavender Body Wash:
This is an extraordinary body wash as lavender has a great soothing nature, while vitamin E repairs the skin. Also, avocado oil is good for moisturizing your skin and oatmeal is great for cleansing.
• Boil three cups of water and pour it over ¼ cup of oatmeal that you have placed in a glass bowl.
• Filter out the solution and do away with the oats.
• Now mix ¼ cup of castile soap, 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil, 15 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 teaspoons of avocado oil thoroughly.
• In a dispenser bottle pour the oil and soap mixture (1/5 of the bottle) and the oatmeal water (4/5 of the bottle). Now you have an amazing body wash.
3. Green Tea Body Wash:
This green tea body wash is thick and creamy enough to lock in moisture. The green tea heals chapped skin and packs an antioxidant punch to calm inflammation. When combined with extra moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil and honey, this body wash sinks into parched skin and creates a protective barrier against the elements.
• In a small saucepan, melt ¼ cup of coconut oil and stir in 2 tablespoons of green tea leaves. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add 2 tablespoons of shea butter and stir until just melted. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
• When the mixture has cooled slightly, add in ½ cup of liquid castile soap, ¼ cup of raw honey and 15 drops essential oil and whisk everything together.
• Pour into a soap dispenser. Shake before each use.