Spiders are something that all people don’t want to see them in their homes. Although most spiders live outdoors, they may hang around your home to search for food or shelter. They always come into house through cracks and under doors. So we always need effective ways to keep them out of the home without using harsh chemicals. Here are some effective yet natural ways to keep spiders out of your home.
1. Keep Your Home Clean: The first and the cheapest way to keep spiders out of your home is to keep your home clean and clutter-free. It is important to clean common spider-attracting areas, such as stacks of storage boxes, piles of newspapers and old magazines, under-bed storage and crowded under-sink storage.
2. Use Peppermint Oil: One of the most effective ways to repel spiders is to use pure peppermint oil. It has a strong smell which spiders cannot stand it and this smell force them to run away from your house. You can grab a plastic spray bottle and combine peppermint oil with water to make it last longer and to dilute the oil a bit so it does not irritate the skin of people or pets. Simply spray this everywhere spiders tend to go.
3. White Vinegar: White vinegar can be used as a great way for repelling spiders. White vinegar effect is similar to peppermint effect as the spiders hate its strong smell. Its acetic acid can even burn and kill spiders upon contact. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. And spray all the crack and crevices around your home. Repeat once daily until the spiders are completely gone.
4. Horse Chestnut: It is another effective way to deter spiders. Horse chestnut shells contain a chemical that is toxic to spiders. Split some horse chestnuts in half to release their odor and place them in your windowsill or along your baseboards to keep spiders from hanging out there.
5. Tobacco: Spiders hate tobacco and that is why it is a good idea to use it as a weapon to repel spiders. You can sprinkle small pieces of tobacco where spiders are troublesome. Alternatively, you can soak tobacco in a cup of hot water for about 30 minutes and then spray the mixture all around.