Do you know that the mouthwash you use to freshen up your breath and kill the germs in your mouth can be used for many other purposes? You might be wondering now, how this can be true and what these other uses are?! The answer is that mouthwashes contain powerful antifungal and antiseptics properties that make a bottle of mouthwash useful for so much more than just rising plaque away. Here are 7 unusual uses of mouthwash.
1. Fights Dandruff: Due to its antifungal properties, mouthwash can help fight dandruff. After shampooing your hair, gently massage a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part mouthwash to your scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse it out with water followed by conditioner. Do this once a week and you will see the result after 4-5 uses.
2. Cures Nail Fungus: Mouthwash can be an effective way to treat nail fungus. Mix 2 equal parts of mouthwash and apple cider vinegar. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it over the affected areas. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day. It will take 2 weeks to see the results because nail fungus is stubborn.
3. Relaxes Your Feet: For a relaxing foot bath, pour some mouthwash to warm water and soak your feet in this water for some time. Your feet will remain fresh all day long and if you have athlete’s foot or any other fungal-related issues, soaking your foot in this solution is very helpful.
4. Cleans Your Toothbrush: Mouthwash can be used to clean your toothbrush because of its antiseptic properties. Pour mouthwash in a cup and then soak your toothbrush in that glass for some time. Take it out and then wash the toothbrush with plain water. It will kill all the bacteria present in it.
5. Keeps Mosquitoes Away: Insects don’t like the smell of menthol, so you can use mouthwash to repel flies, mosquitoes, and even ants. Spray your house and the places in which they can hide with a mixture of 1 part mouthwash and 1 part water.
6. Can be used as a laundry Sanitizer: The same way it removes bacteria from our mouth, it removes bacteria from the clothes as well. To use it as a laundry sanitizer, add a cup of mouthwash to the regular cycle of laundry. It will kill the germs and remove odor, especially from stinky jeans or socks.