Varicose veins are the veins located under your legs skin that become bulgy and twisted. Those bulgy veins that appear lumpy and dark in color cause a cosmetic problem as they have an unpleasant appearance. Varicose veins occur when the veins are under a significant amount of pressure and become weak. This can be the result of a wide variety of reasons such as poor circulation, weight gain, pregnancy or an injury. Women are at least twice as likely as men to develop varicose veins due to hormonal factors like puberty, menopause, pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, etc. Although there are a number of different ways to prevent and treat varicose veins, the natural ways can have good results. One of the most effective natural ways to treat varicose veins is essential oils. Essential oils are natural remedies capable of promoting proper blood circulation, which is essential for getting rid of varicose veins. Below are the best essential oils for varicose veins.
1. Helichrysum Oil: This oil is very effective treatment for varicose veins because it can promote blood circulation. In fact, poor blood circulation is the major cause for varicose vein, so helichrysum is good as it boosts blood circulation, helping to alleviate existing varicose veins and preventing the development of new ones from occurring. Also, it is an anti-inflammatory oil that can help soothe inflamed tissues.
2. Cypress Oil: This refreshing oil is a vasoconstrictor and a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It calms the mind, deflates bulging veins, improves blood circulation, hinders fluid retention, and relieves pain. It heals varicose veins by strengthening the vein walls. Also, cypress oil helps with hormonal imbalance which is a common cause of varicose veins.
3. Lemongrass Oil: Lemongrass oil is one of the greatest oils for treating varicose vein. Due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, it improves blood circulation, inhibits blood pooling, and strengthens the blood vessels. By ensuring that the blood vessels stay healthy and unclogged, future occurrences of varicose veins can be averted.
4. Geranium Oil: Aside from its beauty uses including treating acne, promoting hair growth and clearing wrinkle, geranium oil helps to alleviate unsightly swellings of the vein and boosts blood circulation. Also, geranium essential oil will ensure that your skin on top of the veins remains smooth and flawless.
5. Chamomile oil: Chamomile promotes blood circulation, reduces inflammation, and clears out varicose veins in no time. Moreover, it strengthens the blood vessels and promotes healthy constrictions.