Having body odor is an embarrassing problem which many people suffer from. There are many reasons that can stand behind this problem including hormonal changes in the body, excessive sweating, an unhealthy diet, genetics and poor hygiene. Before using perfumes and deodorants to smell nice, you should start first by cleaning and deodorizing your system by just following a healthy diet. Consuming some foods can help you give off a natural, pleasant smelling scent. Below are the top 7 foods that help you smell nice.
1. Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits have lively scents and the body can easily absorb them, thus improving your scent very quickly.
2. Jasmine Tea: All herbal teas help digestion, moving toxins out of your body which naturally helps you smell nicer.
3. Lemon: Lemons have a lively and refreshing scent which helps your body smell nice. They also contain natural disinfectant and antibacterial abilities that help eliminate body odor and control bad breath caused by bacteria. Moreover, the acidic property of lemon juice helps lower the skin’s pH level, which makes it difficult for odor-producing bacteria to survive. You can drink a cup of warm lemon water in the morning to keep your system clean.
4. Rosemary: This amazing herb is not only good for your skin but it also helps annihilate body odor. Rosemary contains volatile oils which can help fight any type of odor that comes from your body by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria. It also contains menthol and chlorophyll, two compounds help in neutralizing strong body odor and give your body a nice smell.
5. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a great spice that saturates the body quickly, leaving behind a fresh fragrance. In fact, cinnamon improves rather than sabotages your natural smell. Its volatile oils help fight bad breath by reducing the amount of bacteria in your mouth.
6. Fenugreek seeds: They have the ability to fight foul odor by eliminating toxins in your body. Also, they contain a balance of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that help improve digestive health, which is important for a pleasant-smelling body. Soak these overnight in water, then munch in the morning to improve your scent throughout the day.
8. Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help cut down the amount of odor-causing bacteria in the body. Also, because they are a natural astringent, tomatoes help shrink pores and block the ducts that secrete sweat, thus controlling excessive sweating that can cause bad odor.