When you hear the name Vaseline the first thing that will come to your mind will be its uses as a beauty care product. But this more that 14o years’ old petroleum-jelly based product has various practical uses along with beauty uses. Here we are going to mention some of the unusual uses for Vaseline which will make it become part of your everyday routine.
1) Prevent Hair Dye Stains on Your Skin: It is common to the hair dye to seeping onto the forehead and neckline while you are dying your hair. You can prevent those embarrassing hair dye stains by using Vaseline as it creates a strong barrier between the hair dye and the skin.
• Softly dab Vaseline all over your hairline and the back of your neck, then apply the dye on your hair. The dye will not drip down onto your skin and you will notice that there aren’t any spots of dye on your skin after washing your hair.
2) Get A Mess-Free Manicure: Sometimes while applying a manicure the nail polish runs over onto our cuticles and mess the final look of the manicure. With the help of Vaseline, you won’t have to deal with this annoying problem.
• Apply Vaseline to your cuticles before polishing your nails to prevent nail polish from staining your skin.
• Allow the polish to dry completely. Then wipe off the Vaseline and the sloppy nail polish with a wet tissue.
3) Restore Shine To Leather Items: If you have any leather items, you have to take care of it in order to not lose its shine which makes them look classy. But if you have a leather item which has lost its shine you can easily restore it by using Vaseline.
• Rub some Vaseline into the leather item.
• Wipe off the excess with a soft muslin cloth.
4) Prepare the Skin For Perfume: Vaseline can help your perfume scent lasts longer because of the fact that moisturized skin holds scent better.
• Rub some Vaseline of your pulse points such as your wrists, neck, cleavage, and behind the ears.
• Spray your perfume on these pulse points and remember no to rub the areas because friction will change the smell of your perfume.
5) Remove Makeup Stains From Clothing: Vaseline can be used to lift makeup stains from your clothes as well as pillows, blankets, and sheets.
• Rub some Vaseline on the stained area of the piece of clothing or fabric. Wait 10 minutes, then use a paper towel to gently blot the stain away.
• Finally, wash the item as usual and the stains will be gone for good.