The kidneys are one of the most important organs in our bodies as they perform very important functions in the body. The main function of the kidneys is to filter out the blood of the toxic wastes. They also release three important hormones- erythropoietin, renin, and calcitriol. These hormones help maintain the body functions. Besides a healthy diet, exercise, and drinking enough fluids, consuming more of the following 10 super herbs and keep your kidneys healthy and cleansed.
1) Parsley: This herb is one of the greatest herbs for kidney cleansing. It helps increase the volume of the urine output to remove the toxins and the germs from the body. Apiol and Myristicin are the compounds that are responsible for the diuretic nature of the parsley herb. The pregnant women shouldn’t consume parsley.
2) Dandelion Roots: Dandelion is packed with diuretic properties which help cleanse the kidneys and the liver. It also relieves water retention helping in the eradication of the discomfort caused in the urinary tract and bladder.
3) Turmeric: Turmeric helps in cleansing the kidneys and it also detoxifies the liver and purifies the blood. Turmeric is diuretic in nature and is effective herb against kidney infection due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
4) Marshmallows: Marshmallows are high in diuretic properties and are able to stimulate better urine flow. This herb aids in the build-up of the plaques in the kidneys and cleanses them. Also, it can help with kidney, urinary tract and bladder infections. Pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and diabetics should steer clear of this herb.
5) Celery: This herb has natural diuretic properties, therefore it increases the urine flow. It is rich in some essential vitamins which can support kidney function and eliminate the formation of kidney stones and infections.
6) Nettle: This herb helps to cleanse the kidneys. The urine volume increases due to the diuretic property of the herb. The liver and the kidneys get cleansed. The metabolic waste is discharged in the form of renal excretion.
7) Uva Ursi: Uva ursi owes its diuretic properties to a phenolic glycoside called arbutin. It helps to clean the liver and the kidneys. It helps maintain the pH range of the urine and the body. It helps fight kidney infections and the astringent nature of the herb encourage harmful toxins and bacteria to pass out of the kidneys.