Ever parents want their kids to eat healthily, but it is not always an easy task. Vegetables are one of the top foods that kids refuse to eat and this is a problem because not consuming veggies will probably have a negative effect on their health. The federal government says kids aged 2 to 6 should have 3-servings of vegetables per day as part of a healthy diet, so you as a parent you have to make this happens. In fact, it is not an impossible but it requires consistency and persistence from the parents. To help you in this task, below we share some tricky ways to get your kids eat more veggies.
1. Offer Veggies as Snacks: All kids love snacks, but they are often something like chocolate, cakes, ice-cream, and so on. So, instead of serving them unhealthy snacks, you can try to include veggies in their diet as a healthy snack.
2. Offer Various Food Colors: Kids always love colors and colorful things always attract their eyes. So you can make use of this thing by adding different kinds of vegetables to their plates. Children often prefer flavors separate. So you may have better luck making separate vegetable dishes instead of a big, mono-color casserole.
3. Sneak Veggies Into Pasta Dishes: Pasta is one of the favorite foods for most for the kids and although it doesn’t offer huge nutritional value, you can add a dose of nutrition to it with the use of the sauce. Pasta sauce is a great way to add veggies to pasta plate. In the tomato sauce, you can add onion, garlic, carrots, and even baby spinach.
4. Arrange food in patterns on the plate: Use the vegetables to make creative designs that are fun for kids. Kids love when their food is designed into patterns on their plate. If you shape it into a heart, cat, trucks, or smiley face, they’ll like it even more.
5. Make Veggies Smoothies: Milkshakes and smoothies aren’t favorite beverages only for kids but for most of us. Thus it will be a good idea to serve your kids an avocado or carrot smoothie to provide them with all the great nutrients found in these foods. If your kid didn’t like such smoothies as they are not as tasty as fruit smoothies, you can add them to any fruit smoothie. Carrot, in particular, tastes great when added to any smoothie.