Reading out loud to the baby is one of the most common advice parents receive. It is actually a very important advice which every parent should apply because it helps develop the relationship between parent and child while also encouraging a positive connection between children and books. Reading aloud to young children is not only one of the best activities to stimulate language and cognitive skills, it also builds motivation and enhances your child creativity from an early age. That is not everything, here are other amazing benefits of reading to your baby.
1. Develops Communication: Story reading helps in the development of your baby’s oral communication skills, listening abilities, memory, and language recognition skills. It is a good way to strengthen her vocabulary and different sentence structures from a very early age. With time and age, your baby shall learn to communicate through body language, verbal methods, listening and written words just like you.
2. Builds Your Child’s Vocabulary: Children who grow up in homes where they are read to and talked to regularly will have a much greater vocabulary. Reading aloud also provides children with vocabulary words that they will use throughout life. Research shows that the average children’s books contain 50 percent more unique words than a television show or a typical conversation between two educated adults.
3. Improves Attention: Engaging your baby in bedtime stories is an excellent way to help him get comfortable with the reading habit. It is indeed a very useful and healthy habit. You can improve his attention spans by reading to him every night.
4. Improves Personality and Knowledge: As your baby grows, she may start looking up for some people and draw inspiration from them. Reading time is the right time to influence the little one and teach them life lessons. This can improve her personality and knowledge.
5. Begets Reading: Books and stories help children to learn about the world and discover their place in it. Hence the importance of fostering a love of reading in children from a very early age. Reading teaches speech, communication, and logical thinking skills which all are necessary skills. Engaging in bedtime books and storytelling with children at a young age fosters a love for reading early on, and will encourage them to continue with this passion throughout their lives.