When you think about having a drink that is healthy, refreshing, and tasty you cannot think about better choice than, coconut water. Coconut water is one of the most valuable superfoods on earth and it is a natural refreshing beverage that is excellent for electrolyte replenishment. It is cholesterol-free and is packed with potassium, minimal quantities of sodium, natural fat, and carbohydrates. In this article, we share some interesting reasons why to include this drink in your daily diet.
1. Reduces the Signs of Aging: Coconut water contains anti-microbial powerhouse called lauric acid that helps protect against skin infections. It also contains protein called cytokines that are responsible for encouraging cell growth and cell activation. They regulate signals in response to inflammation caused by acne and also have an anti-ageing effect on the skin. Both external and internal use can improve wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
2. Helps Digestion: The phosphatase, folic acid, dehydrogenase, catalase diastase, RNA polymerases, and peroxidase present in coconut water help in easy digestion and speed up the metabolism rate. This, in turn, burns fats fastly. It even balances acid reflux and its rich fiber content cures constipation and other digestion related problems.
3. Reduces Hair Fall: Coconut water is rich in Vitamin K and Iron. Vitamin K is essential to promote healthy hair growth and stop hair fall.
Similarly Iron carries the oxygen to the roots making them stronger and reducing hair fall. Just massage your hair with coconut water and leave it in for stronger hair.
4. Boosts Energy: High content of potassium, calcium, and chloride in coconut water makes it an appropriate energy booster drink, specifically for sports people, pregnant women, people with strict diet, and children.
5. Reduces The risk of Kidney Stones: The presence of minerals, potassium, and magnesium in coconut water greatly helps in reducing the risk of kidney stones. Tender coconut fluids act as a natural diuretic because it has properties that tend to increase urine production and flow. Urologists around the world recommend that kidney stone sufferers should drink coconut water every alternate day to gradually reduce their stone size for easy elimination.
6. Controls Weight: Coconut water is fat-free, so it can be consumed generously without the fear of putting on weight. Unlike other health drinks and beverages, it contains the minimal amount of calories and suppresses your appetite by keeping you full for longer.