Coffee is the most favorite beverage for many humans around the world. But aside from making and drinking coffee, have you ever thought that coffee grounds can be used for beauty hacks?! This is right, coffee grounds can be used in many ways to serve beauty purposes. In this article, we are going to mention some of the most popular coffee beauty hacks that have proven amazing results.
1. Reduce the Puffiness under eyes: Coffee grounds contain anti-inflammatory properties that can effectively constrict the blood vessels, causing the puffiness under eyes to reduce. All you need to do is to apply chilled coffee grounds under your eyes and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse them off with cool water.
2. Reduce the appearance of cellulite: Coffee grounds can act as an effective treatment for reducing the appearance of cellulite. Make a paste of ¼ cup ground coffee and 3 tablespoons hot water. Leave the mixture to sit for 10 minutes, then mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil to help bind the grinds. On a clean skin, apply the scrub by massaging in a circular motion for two to four minutes to stimulate blood flow. Blood flow stimulation will make the appearance of your skin look firmer and less dimpled.
3. Brighten Skin: You can get a glowing and healthy skin by using coffee ground combined with fatty-acid rich olive oil. Combine equal quantities of repurposed coffee grounds and olive oil and massage the mixture onto your face, avoiding the eye area. After 3o seconds, remove it with a wet washcloth. Alternatively, you can mix two parts raw honey, yogurt, or mashed avocado to one part coffee grounds. Leave the mixture on your skin about 20 minutes, and then wash your face.
4. Soften lips: You can use coffee grounds and honey to create a smooth and effective lip scrub. Mix ½ teaspoon used coffee grounds with ½ teaspoon honey and gently rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Then remove it with a wet washcloth. Follow this remedy with applying an emollient balm to nourish and protect your pucker.
5. Boost Hair Color: Coffee grounds can work as a tint to enhance brown shade in your hair without the use of chemicals. Mix one teaspoon of cooled coffee grounds into a handful of conditioner and spread it into your hair. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with cool water.