Memory problems are a common problem that faces many people during their everyday life. These problems often occur with increasing age, but generally, there are many reasons that can affect your memory such as lack of sleep, levels of physical activity, genetics, stress, and many other factors. So you should see a doctor if you are struggling with your memory because it is may be a serious condition that requires treatment. But for general memory problems, you can effectively enhance your memory by following a proper diet and making healthy lifestyle changes. The good diet will boost your memory and brain function, encouraging good blood flow to the brain.
1. Fish oil: Fish oil supplements contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and that is why they can help improve memory and reduce cognitive decline. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) found in fish oil may also help prevent the formation of brain plaques linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Rosemary: Rosemary is a perfect herb for improving weak memory. Carnosic acid, one of the main ingredients in rosemary, helps protect the brain from neurodegeneration. It does this by protecting the brain against chemical free radicals, which are linked to neurodegeneration, Alzheimer’s, strokes and normal aging in the brain. In a 2013 study conducted at the University of Northumbria in England, researchers found that the aroma of rosemary can help improve prospective memory, which is critical for everyday functioning.
3. Almonds: Almonds are an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to help improve memory and brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory.
4. Blueberries: Blueberries are a rich source of anthocyanins and other flavonoids that may boost memory function. Due to their high content of gallic acid, blueberries are especially good at protecting our brains from degeneration and stress.
5. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can help fuel the brain cells resulting in improving the memory and cognitive function. It is also believed to help prevent dementia and fight against Alzheimer’s disease. Plus, it will boost your energy, reduce cholesterol and improve the health of your skin and hair. Coconut oil also works as a natural anti-inflammatory, suppressing cells responsible for inflammation.
6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: It is one of the best foods for the brain. Due to the powerful antioxidants which are known as polyphenols that are found in the oil, it improves learning and memory. This oil also helps fight against ADDLs, proteins that are toxic to the brain and induce Alzheimer’s.