Lysine is an essential amino acid which stimulates collagen production and the absorption of calcium. Lysine can also help you overcome herpes infections. A deficiency of lysine can lead to anemia, bloodshot eyes, and fatigue. Daily recommended intake of this crucial amino acid is 30 mg per kg of your weight. So, including lysine rich foods in your regular diet can help you meet your body’s daily need for this amino acid. Listed below are top 7 foods highest in Lysine.
1. Eggs: Eggs contain high amounts of proteins that contain amino acid lysine. Just 100 grams of eggs comprise 912 mg of lysine. So, including eggs in your regular diet help you have sufficient levels of lysine in your body
2. Fishes: Fishes are protein rich and contain most essential amino acids. Tuna, for example, is one of the lysine-rich fish which offers you about 123% of daily recommended intake of lysine. Cooked shrimp boasts of a 103% lysine RDI value.
3. Pulses: Pulses boast abundance of various nutrients, particularly vital proteins and amino acids. Just 100 grams of pulses offer you about 668 mg of lysine. They form a vegan source of lysine. So, you can add these lysine rich pulses to your regular cooking to meet your body’s lysine needs. Add split beans, pinto beans, lentils, black beans, chickpeas, yellow beans, and cranberry beans to your regular diet or cuisines.
4. Pork: Pork is quite popular in most European nations and is also enjoyed by millions all around the world. Pork is rich in animal protein and contains many essential amino acids, boasting of a 131% lysine RDI.
5. Soy Foods: Soy foods are highly nutritious and good for your health as they offer plenty of vital nutrients, including lysine. Just 100 grams of a soy food offers you about 2634 mg of lysine. So, you can include various soy foods, such as soy flour, boiled soybeans, tofu, soy chips, and natto, to your regular diet to ensure smooth body processes and good health.
6. Cheese: Cheese, particularly Parmesan cheese, is one of the excellent sources of lysine. In fact, Parmesan cheese is the richest source of this crucial amino acid among the dairy products sources of proteins. You can add this cheese to your regular cooking and ensure the necessary intake of lysine easily.
7. Roasted Beef: Roasted beef is delicious and loaded with protein. It also contains high levels of many essential amino acids and contains around 171% of the lysine RDI.