Nowadays, more and more people are making and buying bone broth and it becomes one of the most popular hot drinks. Bone broth can be made from any animal with bones and the most popular soup bones include those of fish, chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and venison. The bones house a variety of powerful nutrients that become released when they are slowly simmered in water for a few hours. Bone broth is loaded with minerals and other nutrients essential to life, including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, silicon, sulfur and more. Here are 8 amazing benefits come with bone broth.
1. It Heals your Gut: Bone broth is packed with collagen, which helps seal up holes in intestines. This helps cure chronic diarrhea, constipation, and even some food intolerances. It helps seal the gut and keep the toxins out of your bloodstream, while also working to rebuild it from the inside out.
2. It Aids Digestion: Bone broth is hydrophilic—it attracts and holds liquids, like digestive juices. This is another reason why it helps you digest food more efficiently.
3. It Heals Your Joints: Bone broth contains glucosamine, chondroitin, and other glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) that help heal your joints. Glucosamine, found in the fluid that lubricates our joints, can help alleviate inflammation and relieve joint pain.
4. It gives you a Younger look: Studies conducted by Japanese researchers, show that ingesting collagen helps protect your skin against damaging effects of certain UV rays. Collagen helps prevent wrinkles and other sun damage and as bone broth is a rich source of collagen, consuming it can make your skin, hair, and nails look radiant.
5. It Protects Your Joints: Taking glucosamine supplements to help with joint pain has been common knowledge for years, but it turns out that bone broth has glucosamine too. But unlike pills, the broth also includes a host of other goodies that help keep your joints happy, healthy, and pain-free. The chondroitin sulfate in bone broth has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
6. It reduces Inflammation: The glycine found in abundance in real bone broth has been billed by researchers as “a new anti-inflammatory immune nutrient.” It helps not only with arthritis, but muscle pain and other inflammation throughout your body, including in your renal (kidney), respiratory, cardiovascular and digestive systems.