Camu camu is a tangy fruit grown on in the dense forests o Amazon. Camu camu fruit is loaded with potassium, iron, vitamin C, protein, phosphorus, serine, thiamine, leucine, and valine. This Amazonia fruit has begun to gain popularity due to its amazing nutritional density and its ability to deal with many health problems. If you want to know more about the health benefits that you can get by consuming camu camu, keep reading this article.
1. It is Packed with Vitamin C: Camu camu is a good source of vitamin C. It contains up to 56 times more vitamin C than a lemon and 60 times more vitamin C than orange. One spoon of camu camu contains 12% of your daily intake of vitamin C. This improves your gum health and maintains other body functions. Vitamin C also helps boosting cardiovascular health, reducing of DNA damage and protecting from cold and flu.
2. Fights Depression: Camu camu helps in fighting depression and anxiety. Many patients have been able to quit their antidepressant medications after incorporating camu camu into their everyday diets.
3. Improves Muscle Tone: Camu camu should be included in your diet if you want to build healthy muscle tone. Loaded with an array of beneficial vitamins, amino acids, trace minerals and other nutrients, camu camu can help improve both the function and posture of your muscles.
4. Fights Aging: Camu camu contains antioxidants that protect your cells from aging. In short, you can keep you skin youthful and glowing with this fruit!
5. Sustains Healthy Reproductive System: Many of these same nutrients found in camu camu help to cleanse the body of damaging toxins, which can damage reproductive function and potentially lead to infertility.
6. Contains Iron: Camu camu is filled with iron which helps fight fatigue, muscle weakness, and anemia. It keeps your hair bright and colored throughout the year. Also, iron improves your vision and keeps the body strong. However, it is important to take the right amount of iron. Overload of this can lead to arthritis, heart diseases, and gland malfunctioning.
7. Helps prevent cancer: Due to its antioxidant properties, camu camu makes a powerful defense against cancer-causing free radical damage as well. Synthetic forms of the vitamins found in camu camu simply do not compare to the synergistic healing nutrients found in camu camu.