Nail wraps are a popular form of nail art. It is a beautiful way to decorate your nails and give it an amazing look. They are available in a wide set of designs, colors, and themes. And now they became thinner and more durable than before. These thin glossy films are applied to your natural nails and there are some brands that can be applied to gel, acrylic, and false nails as well. Nail wraps are very easy and simple to apply and the following steps will tell you how to apply them yourself:
1. Clean your nails with a nail cleanser or nail polish remover to make sure that they are free of grease. Then buff them on the tops to remove any shine from the surface and create a base for the wraps to adhere to.
2. Choose the warps the best fit your nail shape. You can choose the correct size of nail wrap using the template supplied with your pack of wraps and if there is a need you can trim them to fit the size of your nail.
3. Peel off the nail wrap and line up the rounded edge with your cuticle. Starting at the cuticle and gently smoothing out towards the tip of your nail.
4. Apply the heat to the surface of the warp as the heat will warm the adhesive allowing them to stick better. Then press down with your fingertip or with a cotton bud to smooth any bumps in the sticker.
5. Fold the excess sticker over the edge of the fingernail and with the use of a nail file at forty-five degrees angle, file your nails until there isn’t any excess wrap and make sure that your nails are neat then use a soft buffer to give your nails a smooth edge.
With following these simple steps you can give your nails an amazing look in no time. These nail wraps can last between 1 to 2 weeks depending on the growth of your nails. And they can be applied also on your toes to make them look beautiful and in this case, they can last for up to 8 weeks. Another brilliant advantage you can get when you apply nail wraps is that unlike some varnishes, they don’t chip when they are exposed to water.