Wrinkles are the inevitable signs of aging. The collagen presents in the skin lose by aging causing the skin to appear wrinkled or creased. Premature or excess wrinkles can also be caused by factors like too much exposure to sunlight or harsh environments, smoking, use of certain drugs, excessive stress, sudden weight loss, loss of vitamin E, and genetic predisposition. Fortunately, there are natural ways that can help in fighting wrinkles. In this article, we share some easy home remedies that will help reduce wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming.
1. Olive Oil: Olive oil is an amazing natural remedy for face wrinkles. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and E, which also help to fight the skin-damaging free radicals. It hydrates and returns the lost moisture to your skin.
• Massage a tablespoon of olive oil into the skin twice a day.
• Or mix a few drops of honey with a few drops of olive oil and glycerin and massage the mixture into your skin twice daily.
2. Bananas: Bananas contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that fight the causes of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Mash a banana into a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Almonds: Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin E, iron, zinc, calcium, folic acid, and oleic acid, which combined can delay the aging process and treat wrinkles.
• Soak some almonds in raw milk overnight. In the morning, remove the skin and grind the almonds into a thick paste. Apply the paste onto your skin. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. For best results, do this daily.
4. Aloe Vera: The clear gel inside an aloe vera plant has wound-healing and soothing properties when applied to the skin. It contains malic acid that helps reduce wrinkles by improving the elasticity of your skin.
• Cut a leaf of aloe vera and take out the gel part. Apply it on your face, leave it for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Repeat this on a daily basis.
5. Fenugreek: Fenugreek leaves, seeds, and even oil work as an antidote for different skin problems, including wrinkles. The leaves are rich in vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed by the body and help treat wrinkles and fine lines.
• Grind a handful of fresh fenugreek leaves to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on overnight. In the morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.