Blackheads are small bumps that form when the pores become clogged with excess sebum and dead skin cells producing a bump called a comedo. Open comdones are blackhead, while close comedones are whiteheads. When the skin over the bump opens, exposure to the air causes it to look black and a blackhead forms. Blackheads are not caused by dirt.
Blackheads are mainly found on the face, particularly the nose. But they can also appear on the chest, back, neck, arms, and shoulders. Blackheads are not an intractable problem; you can naturally get rid of them by these natural remedies that have proven great efficiency in removing blackheads.
1. Baking Soda: It can work as a natural way to exfoliate your skin as it removes anything clogging your pores.
– Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with enough water to make a spreadable paste.
– Using a gentle circular motion, massage the paste on the affected areas and allow it to dry for a few minutes, then rinse it with warm water. Do this remedy once or twice a week.
2. Honey: Honey has both antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help remove blackheads by destroying germs or impurities that clog pores. It also hydrates the skin and tightens the skin pores providing you with a clear complexion.
– Apply some pure honey on your face and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
3. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that can be used to remove blackheads and it also helps improves circulation, and this increased blood flow gives your skin a glowing look.
– Mix equal amounts of cinnamon powder and raw honey to form a paste.
– Apply a thin layer over blackheads.
– Allow the paste to sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse your face with water. Use this remedy daily for 10 days to get the best results.
4. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) citric which acts as a natural astringent to remove dead skin, making it perfect for unstopping clogged pores.
– Put about one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice on a glass.
– Dip a cotton ball into the juice and dab it onto blackheads, it is important to clean your face before applying the juice.
– Let it dry for 10 minutes before washing it with cool water. Or you can leave it overnight and then rinse it off in the next morning and apply a moisturizer. Repeat this 3-4 times a week.